22 August 2006

cinderella had it easy...

So I am attending this black tie event in a couple of weeks. Actually it is 'black tie optional'. I guess this is a milestone or something, because it will be the first time I will have worn a tuxedo except as a member of one of those wedding party thingies.

And it brings up an interesting question:
What sort of footwear should I wear with my tux?

Here is the thing. Every online resource I checked out said that I should wear shiny black dress shoes with my tux, preferable patent leather. But every time I have worn a tux it has come with those dumb patent leather dress shoes and they are ugly, uncomfortable, and just plain poorly made.

So can anyone suggest any other footwear options that would look sexy with a tux?

4 Comments:

Blogger joeybriglio said...

What ever happened to those sweet sting ray boots you were rocking back-in-the-day?

24 August, 2006 07:36  
Blogger dave said...

word. wear the stingrays.

24 August, 2006 11:26  
Blogger The Zombieslayer said...

cowboy boots. If you wear size 9, you could borrow mine. You'll just have to come up to the Bay Area.

25 August, 2006 20:00  
Blogger yonderincarp said...

it's on like donkey kong.

watch out ladies, the stingrays are coming back!

28 August, 2006 09:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home