04 July 2006

easy there little fella...

So I was at this farm in Saxonburg, PA the other night. Rolled into town in the wee hours to help my friends Chris and Ana get married. I stumbled into an upstairs bedroom in this farmy bed and breakfast out in the beautiful countryside of western Pennsylvania in the dead dark of night. When finally got situated, and well along the path to the land of Morpheus, I noticed a green light sort of slowly circling above me in the room. After a brief flickering thought, through the fog of near sleep I came to realize that the green light tracing his way around the room was in fact a shiny little lightning bug.

That little lightning bug was flying tighter and tighter circles, getting closer and closer to my bedstand as he blinked his little posterior to the glory of God. Then I noticed something rather interesting.

My cellular phone has a wee little blinking light on it, and that wee little blinking light just happens to be lightning bug green.

That crazy little guy was putting the moves on my cell phone. And let me tell you, as smooth as he was, it was fated to be unrequited love.

4 Comments:

Blogger joeybriglio said...

It's on like Donkey Kong!!

Welcome to the club! Now Barci and I will see how good of a job you do at keeping posts up-to-date.

05 July, 2006 07:09  
Blogger dave said...

i have always wanted to see a lightning bug.

05 July, 2006 09:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well dave,
i hit about 50 of every night on my run--maybe i'll FedEx one out to you:) ps. nice pics jes--you should be a photographer.

05 July, 2006 14:51  
Blogger yonderincarp said...

Joey - Thanks for the welcome! Going with your simian theme, I am sure in the blogging realm you and Dave are like King Kong and Donkey Kong, and I am like one of those little toy monkeys with the annoying cymbals.

Dave - Come visit! They are all over the place here right now.

Nate - Thanks, man. When do I get to see your pictures of Greece?

05 July, 2006 22:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home