05 June 2007

some cheese with your whine...

So I was lamenting the pitiable state of my palate the other day. Actually, was just saying that I enjoy wine very much, but that when the label or the critics say that it carries a hint of blackberry or a touch of truffle, most often I find these flavors and aromas rather elusive. I certainly know what I enjoy and am getting a sense of some of the elements of the enjoyment of the variety of the vine. Well, the other party involved in the conversation summoned up his best aristocratic New England wine critic accent and made some comment about a hint of cow dung and poison oak or some such lowbrow fare.

And then it hit me like a bolt of lightning from out the sky on a clear summer's day, a moment of pure interpretive epiphany! ...the MEANING of the scene in Napoleon Dynamite at the FFA, where Napoleon must tell what has gone wrong with each of the bottles of milk. Brilliant!

1 Comments:

Blogger joeybriglio said...

I think I have tasted that vintage... that was a bad year.

07 June, 2007 07:27  

Post a Comment

<< Home